Why Low Calorie Diets Don’t Work and Never Will (Don’t Starve or Crash Diet)

omarisuf.com Make sure to subscribe and go to the above link to get all the information on health and wellness by fitness expert Omar Isuf! Like long distance relationships, crash diets never work and in this video I explain WHY, check it out: Heres a great summary of the video: A common question I get is “I have a “insert important event like a wedding” coming up and I need to lose weight fast, what do I do?” I’ll tell them to eat a smart meal plan, work out intensely and be consistent and results will follow. However most people ignore that and just decide to crash diet anyways. And this is the problem. Crash Diets DON’T Work. But Why Don’t They? I mean if losing weight is all about eating fewer calories than you burn, why not just eat next to nothing? In other words, if its calorie in vs calorie out, why not eat next to nothing? Shouldn’t you lose a crazy amount of weight if you eat less than an anorexic supermodel? The answer is you won’t young grasshopper and heres why. Your body needs a certain amount of calories to function on a day to day basis. Lets say 1500 calories. As soon as you eat less than that, your body enters starvation mode. Starvation mode is when your body panics, spazzes out and starts storing all calories you eat. Fat loss shuts down, and so does anything that doesn’t involve keeping you alive, including your mojo (YUCK). To get its needed calories, your body can either breakdown muscle or fat. Of the two, your body would love to breakdown your

Comments

25 Responses to “Why Low Calorie Diets Don’t Work and Never Will (Don’t Starve or Crash Diet)”
  1. peacekaylalove says:

I’m petite and wanted to go on a 900-950 calorie diet to lose 1. 5 pounds a week. Being only 5’1′, it’s hard to lose for me. But I’m taking everything you said into consideration in this video. By losing a pound a week I should reach my goal by mid october. This is way better than losing the first 10 then stopping all together.

2. lilcrazygamer says:

So Omar, Help me out, I’m 14 years old 5″6 and 30lbs over weight, How many calories should I be taking in a day and burning after to have a decent weight loss. ( I fast walk on the treadmill on a 10 incline for 45-55mins if you’re wondering how I exercise)

3. RssMMA says:

@MissObesityRehab Sorry nevermind I read that wrong, ignore me.

4. RssMMA says:

@MissObesityRehab It’s very unhealthy.

5. sobdale says:

@MissObesityRehab I’ve been designing my own diets, and it’s included 2 crashes. Everything that I’ve heard about crashing (lower energy, increased fat storage, etc. ) didn’t happen to me. I added Consistent exercise, and I’ve lost 75 lbs. Check my channel to see what I looked like last summer, then check my facebook to see where I’m at. Crash diets don’t suck. I say shock your body, then build up good lifestyle habits.

6. sobdale says:

@MissObesityRehab I’ve been designing my own diets, and it’s included 2 crashes. Everything that I’ve heard about crashing (lower energy, increased fat storage, etc. ) didn’t happen to me. I added Consistent exercise, and I’ve lost 75 lbs. Check my channel to see what I looked like last summer, then check my facebook to see where I’m at. Crash diets don’t suck. I say shock your ass, then build up good lifestyle habits.

7. Oceanis08 says:

Lies, their all lies. Do u see fat vegetarians with no muscles. Think about it, use your own mind.

8. got2bmesha says:

why do models look hot then?

9. Jay2menda3 says:

Hey i have a question, i need to lose like at least 40 lbs in 90 days is that possible i’m currently 228 lbs 5 ft 10 & i’m not sure about my calorie intake, no medical conditions, 16 years old & i lost about 7 lbs in the last 2-3 weeks since i stopped smoking & i walk roughly 4-6 km’s (roughly 30-45 minutes) daily non-stop. i stopped having chocolates & other things and i usually have cereal for breakfast, home cooked food usually vegetables for lunch & sweet corn chicken soup for dinner. help?

10. XSumm0neR says:

I love u. lol ur halarious but what if i exersize exceedingly while crash dieting???

11. MissObesityRehab says:

Why is it a bad idea if you don’t crash and exercise?

12. OmarIsuf says:

@MissObesityRehab No, thats a bad idea :(

13. MissObesityRehab says:

Is it a crash diet if you do it consistenly for 5 months and the gradually build up your calorie-intake + exercise? Please reply I am really trying to find out if I’m killing off my muscles right now. I’ve been doing the Cambridge Diet for 44 days and I have been disciplined so far. . .

14. OmarIsuf says:

@ButterflyVonTejas Great question, I’d say start of with a simple 1800 calorie a day diet 40% protein 40% fat 20% carbs, enough quality calories for the baby but also low enough to produce results :)

15. ButterflyVonTejas says:

Wow, Omar—-I’m pretty amazed with your energy.
    You really know your stuff, I’m writing down your 3 steps! Seems like a good start.

I’m ready for a life change, not so much a weight loss game.
    so the embarrasing facts are. . .

5ft 6inches 220lbs. Breastfeeding, Diabetic
    How in the world am I supposed to calculate how many calories my body needs with so many factors?

16. ButterflyVonTejas says:

Wow, Omar—-I’m pretty amazed with your energy.

I’m ready for a life change, not so much a weight loss game.
    so the embarrasing facts are. . .

5ft 6inches 220lbs. Breastfeeding, Diabetic

17. designerkitten says:

Man I love Omar

18. ghostface480 says:

they make you sparkly:D? your making me want to starve myself

19. BvcxzMnbv says:

Online Asian wives **lushfmlk. info**

20. DesgWamrt says:

Best Russian women dating site gettop5. info

21. DJFG85 says:

omar, you’re really hot

22. jwkitson88 says:

YOU’RE FAT!

23. AlexisSimcu says:

Best Russian women dating site gettop5. info

24. sdfgsdgsdfgsdg says:

Good bye man I am your naughty girl ** mworld5. info **

25. jwrath90 says:

i liike the way you get your information across, its actually interesting yet informative and not boring